How do I check in with the Lufthansa app?
When it comes to a hassle-free check-in at Lufthansa, you can use their mobile app to seamlessly perform the operation and get your boarding pass. You can do it simply by replicating the steps described below.
- Open the Lufthansa mobile application on your phone and sign in to your account using the credentials.
- After signing in, navigate the My Bookings section.
- Mark the flight you want to check in and tap the same option.
- Now, you will be asked to select your Seat using the map.
- Once you have chosen the Seat, you will be redirected to the payments page.
- Make the required payment online, and the process is complete.
- You will receive your e-boarding pass on the phone and in your registered email address.
When can I check-in online for Lufthansa?
You can check in online to your Lufthansa flight as soon as 23 hours before the scheduled departure, and the last time for web/online check-in is 120 minutes before the planned departure.
How long before a Lufthansa flight can I check in?
The earliest possible time to check in to your Lufthansa flight is 23 hours before the scheduled departure through online/web check-in. You are not permitted to check in before 23 hours of departure under any circumstances.
Why am I not able to check in online with Lufthansa?
If you are unable to check in to your Lufthansa flight, then it could be due to the reasons brought up below.
- It may be due to a technical problem with the Lufthansa Airlines website.
- Another possibility is that you are checking in for a codeshare flight on the Lufthansa Airlines website, which is not allowed.
- Online check-in is not allowed for an unaccompanied minor.
- It can also be due to the reason that you are traveling with a Pet, weapon, or firearm.
- You will not be allowed to check in online if you are a disabled passenger, as you have to submit the related documents at the airport check-in counters before boarding.
What do you need to check in Lufthansa?
The documents required for checking in to your Lufthansa flight at the airport depend on your travel route. If you are traveling to a domestic destination, you are required to carry the following.
- Proof of identification could be the passport or any other government-issued ID proof.
- A copy of your e-ticket.
- A handicapped medical certificate if you are a passenger with a disability.
- However, if you are traveling to an International destination, then you will be asked for the following documents:
- Original Passport
- Entry Permits and
- Necessary Health Certificates
What are the alternate methods for check-in at Lufthansa Airlines?
Apart from checking in through the Lufthansa mobile application, you can also check in through the modes below.
Online/web check-in: The web check-in option is available on the homepage of Lufthansa airline's website. You are only required to enter your Booking reference number and Name to search your booking details and follow the steps to complete the process.
Airport check-in: Visit the Lufthansa Booking counter at the Departure Airport and show your e-ticket and ID proof to the representative, and they will provide you with the boarding pass after checking in.