How to change the American Airlines flight date?
American Airlines provides the option for passengers to change their flight (date, time, destination). Say you have a flight reservation with AA.com but can't travel on your desired date, then you can easily reschedule a flight date at any time. Follow the quick ways to change American Airlines flights.
Steps to change American Airlines flight online:
- Search the official website of American airlines. www.aa.com
- Then you need to open the manage bookings section from the left side of the page.
- Following this, you must fill in your last name and booking reference number.
- Further, your bookings will come on the next page; you need to select the reservation in which you want to change the flight.
- Next, you need to choose the change flight section, and then a calendar will come up on the next page.
- After this, you must choose the new date and then the new flight and save the changes.
- Then a payment page will come on the next screen if you see any payments, pay it through a card or several other online options.
A phone call is the finest option for every passenger by connecting on call, you can connect with the representative, which will help you to change the flight. The representative will also help you and gives you information about the best time to go to your desired destination and other offers. If you choose the phone call option, then follow the below process.
Dial American Airlines' phone number 800-433-7300
- Then you need to tell your country's name with the code
- After this, you need to choose the language
- Lastly, you need to follow the IVR
- Press 1 for bookings
- Press 2 to change the flight
- Press 3 to change the date
- Press 4 to upgrade the seat
- Press 5 to connect with representatives
- Press 6 to know about offers
- Choose the option related to the query and connect
- Open the website of American airlines. aa.com
- Then open the contact us page
- Following this, choose the mail id section.
- Further, a form will open, mention all your details and send it.
- Last you will get a response within 24 hours.
What is American Airlines' date change policy?
The below-mentioned statements are the date change policies of American airlines.
- Suppose you change your departure date within 24 hours of making the booking with the American airline's official website. In that case, you do not need to pay any additional fee, but after 24 hours, charges are applicable.
- If you get medical issues after making the bookings, you need to show all the relevant documents and change the date without paying any charges.
- According to the American Airlines date Change Policy, If the flight is delayed due to any fault of American airlines like technical issues, less staff, etc. you can reschedule the flight without paying any charges. You will also get the benefit of getting complete care at the airport.
- You can only change the flight if there is any seat available if you are on the newly selected flight and there is no seat, then you are unable to choose it.
How much does it cost to change the flight date on American Airlines?
Generally, it will count as the seat type, time left in the boarding, route, and destination of the flight. If you are going to any international destination, you can change the flight by paying American airlines to change the fee from 150USD to 250USD. If you are going to any domestic destination, you need to pay the amount between 120 USD and to 200USD to change the flight date.
Can I change my American Airlines flight for free?
Yes, you can change the Amercian Airlines flight change free if you do it within 24 hours of booking. You also do not need to pay any charges to reschedule the flight for a delayed flight of more than three hours, and you make the check-in on time and have your boarding pass.
Does American Airlines allow you to change dates?
Yes, American airlines allow you to change the date and select the new date at your convenience, but if you want to change the date on the boarding date or after the flight departure, you can not do it. You can only change the flight date before its boarding time.
Can I change my American Basic Economy flight?
If your travel plan has changed and you are thinking of changing the flight date and wondering if it is possible to change your flight, then the answer is Yes, you can change the American Basic Economy flight after making a reservation. Use the simple steps given below to change your American flight.
- You need to open the main page of American Airlines.
- Click on the “Plan travel” option available on the dashboard.
- Then click on enter the reservation code and your last name.
- Then you need to click on the flight you need to make changes to and click on the modify option from the drop-down menu.
- Change the date of the flight and confirm.
- Make the payment if required to change your flight.
- Once the process is done, you will receive a notification to your email address.
You can also use the American Airlines customer service number 800-433-7300 and get assistance from the support team member to make changes to your flight. The customer service number is easily available on the official page.
How much is a change fee on American Airlines for the basic economy?
There is no American airlines basic economy change flight fee, and you don't have to make any payment to change your American Airlines flight. Still, if the price of the next American airlines is more than the cost of your previous flight, you might have to pay the fare changes.