What is Spirit online check-in?
The entire process of checking in online through the official website of Spirit Airlines is referred to as Spirit online check-in, which the passengers can use to check in with their scheduled flight to avail of their boarding pass. This is one of the quickest and easiest methods of check-in available with the airline, which can also be done through the mobile app of the airline.
How do I check in online for Spirit?
The best possible method of Spirit check-in with the airline is through the official website; the simple steps to which are given below as:
- Go to Spirit Airlines' official website.
- On the landing page, find the Check-In icon present at the top end for the passenger’s perusal.
- Tap on it to access the page for check-in and enter the details of the confirmation code and the last name of the passenger.
- Once the booking is retrieved, provide all the necessary information for the check-in process to be complete.
- An email of confirmation will be shared by the customer support team of the airline with the passengers with the link to download the boarding pass.
The Spirit Airlines baggage check-in online can also be done during the web check-in process that is initiated by the passenger. They can even choose the preferred seats along with adding additional baggage for the travel.
How can I check in at the airport with Spirit?
The passenger could check in at the airport of Spirit Airlines by keeping in mind the following details:
- Bring all the necessary documents and ID proof relevant to the booking made with the airline.
- Reach the airport at least 2-3 hours before domestic flights and 3-4 hours before international flights.
- Arrive at the check-in counter well in advance to be able to get the required assistance from the airport staff for the check-in process to be initiated.
- Once the passenger provides all the necessary valid id proof and documents, then the staff will verify it and cross-check it with the details provided while making the booking. Once the check-in is successful, the checked bags will be sent through, and tags along with the boarding pass will be provided to the carry-on bags with the passengers. From here, the passenger would be sent to the airport security check counters.
Is it better to check in online or at the airport spirit?
The more convenient, easier method of check-in is through the online mode rather than the Spirit Airport check-in, where the passenger may need to wait in long queues before their turn comes up. Additionally, they need to pay 25 USD for each boarding pass that needs to be printed for every passenger, which is not the case with online check-in for free. The issue of baggage drop is also solved in the case of online check-in in comparison to airport check-in, where the physical process takes much more time.
When can I check in online Spirit?
The most suited Spirit Airlines check-in time is 24 hours before the flight's scheduled departure. The portal for check-in closes one hour before the flight departure takes place. The passengers can use this time frame to do their web check-in as per their suitability to have a hassle-free travel experience.
Why can't I check in online at Spirit?
The check-in process with Spirit Airlines is a seamless experience. But there can be instances and situations when the passengers are not able to do Spirit Airlines check-in online due to the following reasons:
Technical issues with the online web check-in process or server issues with the website. In such cases, the passenger can complete the process at the check-in counter at the airport. The airline does not charge any fee for the boarding pass issued in this case.
Other than this genuine issue which arises there are various cases when online check-in is not possible, and the passenger must check in at the airport, which are:
- The passengers who have made a group reservation containing 10 or more members in a single booking.
- Children who are traveling alone without a guardian and infants traveling with adult passengers.
- Passengers who are traveling with pets need to check in at the airport.
- The special assistance category passengers always have their check-in at the airport premises to provide the necessary amenities to them and have the staff help them out to cater to their needs.
- Passengers who have their Military ID for proof rather than their passport are usually taken for travel.
- In case they are carrying special items or have made a booking for an additional seat, the staff will only provide check-in at the airport.
Can you check in for Spirit on the app?
Yes, Spirit Airlines check-in is available through their app, which is easily downloadable on the Apple Store or Google Play Store. The passenger can get access by entering their information to log in. The check-in process, boarding pass availability, flight status, and flight information can all be made available by the airline through these apps. The passengers need not even print their boarding pass and simply show it through the airline's app for check-in that needs to be done. It is much easier and more convenient to use the app available with the airline rather than the online portal.
How many bags can you check with Spirit for free?
The Spirit Airlines check-in baggage fee is applicable to both the carry-on and checked bags. However, a passenger is allowed to carry one personal item, which is included in the ticket they bought. The dimensions for the personal item bag that can be carried along with the other bags allowed by paying the baggage fee are:
- Personal Item: It must be a small backpack, purse, or any other item with a dimension of 45x35x20 cm. Other than this, the passenger needs to pay for the checked-in and carry-on baggage that they carry with them to compensate for the low fare being charged by the airline.
- Carry-on bag: The dimension for the carry-on baggage should not exceed 56x46x25 cm.
- Checked bags: The checked-bag dimension should be within 62 inches in linear with a weight of not more than 18.1 kg. If not, the passenger will be charged with additional baggage fees.
The passenger needs to be well aware of the baggage policy associated with Spirit Airlines before finalizing the booking. The maximum weight allowed by the airline is 45 kg, above which the staff will not allow the passenger to take their bags.