How do I change the southwest flight?
Traveling with Southwest airlines provides you with multiple facilities, and booking with Southwest airlines allows you to complete your journey cheaply as it is a low-cost airline. After making the booking, if you get into any trouble like health issues or weather issues due to which you want to change a flight on southwest airlines, then you can also do it.
You can follow the below-mentioned steps to change the Southwest flight:
Steps to change Southwest flight ticket:
- Search the website of Southwest airlines
- Click on the manage booking option.
- Fill out the last name and then the booking reference number.
- Then click on to change flight tab and choose the new travel date from the calendar.
- Select the flight from the available options and save the change.
- Lastly, you need to pay to change the flight
How much does it cost to change a flight on Southwest Airlines?
The southwest airlines change fee you need to pay will depend upon the route, destination, and the time left in the flight departure. If you are going to any domestic destination, you need to pay the amount between 200 USD to 350 USD. If you are going to any international destination, you need to pay the amount between 350 USD to 450 USD. The amount may vary as per the peak season of your destination.
How late can you change a Southwest flight?
The time on which you can change your Southwest flight will vary if you make the booking to any domestic destination. You can change the flight before 3 to 4 hours, and if you are going to any international destination, you can change the flight before 2 hours of departure. But if you make the check-in process, you will not be able to make the changes in the flight.
When can you do a same-day change on Southwest?
If you are stuck in an emergency like health or other genuine issues, you can change your Southwest flight ticket, but the charges are available. According to the flat tire rule, while reaching the airport, if you face any trouble with your vehicle and think you miss your flight. Then intimate it to the Southwest Airlines representative, who will arrange a new flight in the next possible flight.
Can you change Southwest flights free of charge?
Yes, in some situations, you can change the southwest flight for free, and if you want further information about this, you need to read the statements below.
- If the time left in the flight departure is more than seven days and you want to change the flight within 24 hours of booking, you do not need to pay the modification cost.
- If your flight is delayed for more than three hours due to any fault of the airline, like less staff, technical glitch, etc., and you make the check-in on time, you will get the option to change the flight without paying any charges.
- You can also change the flight without paying any charges if you apply for insurance while purchasing the as buying insurance for your ticket will allow you to modify tickets without paying charges.
- As per the southwest airlines change policy after making the flight reservations if you are stuck in some medical emergency, you need to show genuine documents, and you can change the flight without paying any charges.
Can I call Southwest to change my flight?
Yes, you can dial Southwest changed the flight phone number to change the flight, and this option is beneficial if you are changing the flight for the first time or want any information about the flight change. The representative will provide you with all the relevant information and change your flight if possible. To change the flight by connecting with the representative on call, you must follow the below points.
- Search the website of Southwest airlines
- Then open the contact us page
- After this, dial 1 (800) 435-9792 or choose the number per your country.
- Next, select the language and follow the IVR instructions.
Click 1 for queries related to new bookings
Click 2 if you want any information about miles
Click 3 to reschedule or cancel the flight
Click 4 for information regarding refund or cancellation policies
Click * to connect with the representative
After completing the IVR instructions, you need to choose the option and provide your booking information. The representative will reschedule the flight and provide you with the ticket on your registered email id.
How do I change a flight on the Southwest app?
Yes, you can change the flight bookings with Southwest applications; if you enable it to do on change southwest flights online, then you use this alternative mode.
- Open the Southwest application and log in to your account
- After this visit, in my account option and mention your PNR number and surname
- Then click on to change flight option and choose the flight from the available option.
- Lastly, you must use online modes to make flight change payments.