How do I select my seat on Delta Airlines?
Delta Airlines understands the situation of each passenger and allows you to reserve a seat online on its website. Sometimes you do not select the seat at the time of reservation and Delta Airlines allows you to select the seat after reservation. If you're wondering how to select a seat online on Delta, follow the steps below to select a seat on Delta airlines.
Steps to choose a seat on Delta online:
- Visit the official website of Delta.www.delta.com/
- Then go to "My trip section"
- Fill out your flight booking details. Click Continue
- On the next page, you will get an upgrade and view the seat option.
- After selecting it, choose your preferred seat.
- The seat price will also be displayed while moving your cursor on each seat.
- After choosing your ideal seat, click save and exit.
- Select review the choice and make the payment after passenger details to complete the process.
- You will receive a confirmation mail in your email with the ticket.
Delta Airlines seat selection policy:
- Delta airlines will charge you for seat selection.
- You can select your seat while booking your reservation or during check-in time. It will cost you a little less if you choose a seat while booking your flight ticket.
- Passenger can pick up their seats seven days before the departure time.
- As per the Delta airlines seat selection policy, you can change your seat anytime by visiting the bookings option.
- The fee for a seat selection will depend on the fare class, journey date, etc.
- For Basic economy tickets, passengers won't be able to select seats; instead, a seat will be randomly assigned to each passenger after check-in.
- If you reserve a basic economy flight ticket, you can purchase a specific seat seven days before departure. The price can vary by trip and is priced by segment.
- Main cabin seating includes a complimentary seat selection. As a primary cabin customer, you also have the option to purchase an upgrade to Delta Comfort Plus seats while staying an economy class passenger.
- In premium economy, with larger seats and better reclining, two free checked bags, before boarding, and premium extras.
- Passengers who book Premium Select can pick any seat within the cabin with no additional fee.
How much does it cost to select a seat on Delta?
Delta airline offers five categories of seats. The price range of the different types of seats differs based on their host class and cabin. Delta seat selection fee will generally cost $10- $45 or more to pick a seat in Delta Basic economy flight tickets.
How do I choose my seat after booking a Delta flight?
- Visit the official website of Delta Airlines.www.delta.com/
- On the homepage, passengers must navigate the 'My Trips' option to access their reservation.
- You must select the 'manage my booking' option and proceed further.
- Now you have to enter your booking reservation id or the PNR number followed by your last name and press the submit option.
- Select the flight reservation for which you want to select seats and select the 'change flight' option.
- You have to choose 'seat selection from a drop-down menu.
- A seat map will open on another page. Now select a seat from the available options.
- Now Proceed to the payments page and pay for the process to complete( if applicable)
Why can't I choose a seat on my Delta flight?
If the passengers have reserved economy or primary class flight tickets as the seats are already selected by the airline for the passengers, then you won't be able to choose your seats.
Sometimes the seat selection delta airlines process is blocked from pre-assignment by Delta airline, likely for use for passengers on basic economy fares (or who, for other reasons, don't have advance seat assignments) so that the airline can give the seat to families members together or in case of group bookings.
Can I choose my seat in Delta's main cabin?
Yes, as per the delta Airlines main cabin policy, Main cabin seating, also known as regular economy, includes favorable seat selection as it does not apply delta charges for seat selection. As a primary cabin customer, you can purchase an upgrade to preferred or Delta Comfort Plus seats while remaining an economy class passenger.
To know more, you can connect with the customer care of Delta airlines at 1 (800) 221-1212 and ask the executive to assist you with seat selection. You can also ask them to complete the process on your behalf. Also, visit the official website and social media pages on Twitter and Facebook to learn about their seat policies and procedure.