How do I cancel my Lufthansa flight?
You can use multiple online and offline methods to cancel your reservation with Lufthansa Airlines, but the best way is to do it yourself through the airline Manage booking option. Follow the steps below to learn the process of Lufthansa flight cancellation.
Steps to cancel the Lufthansa flight:
- Visit the official website of Lufthansa airline at www.lufthansa.com.
- Locate the My Booking option on the home screen and select it.
- Enter your booking code, first name, and last name in the given fields
- After filling out the details, select the search option to get your trip information
- On the next page, select your trip and press the make modification button.
- Now, Cancel the Lufthansa flight by filling out the reason for cancellation and submitting it.
- Your refund amount will be displayed on the screen after deducting applicable cancellation charges.
- If you agree with the amount, click submit to cancel your flight.
Cancel the Lufthansa flight by Airport:
You can also request a cancellation by visiting the Lufthansa office at the airport. For this, you will need to provide a booking reference number. For requesting Lufthansa ticket cancellation, you must also carry your government-issued photo ID for verification purposes.
What is Lufthansa's cancellation policy?
- You can cancel your refundable and non-refundable tickets as per the airline cancellation policy.
- The cancellation policy covers tickets purchased from the Lufthansa airline's online website, by phone, or from the official ticket counter.
- As per Lufthansa's cancellation policy, Passengers can claim a refund for their unused portion of the ticket within 365 days from the date of departure.
- The cancellation refund will be credited to your original payment methods within 2-5 business days.
- If your flight is canceled for voluntary or involuntary reasons, you can receive a refund free of charge without submitting any refund form.
- Lufthansa flight cancellation policy would apply on bookings made at the airline's portal, reservation helpline, or ticket counter.
- In the death of the passenger's family member four weeks before the date of departure and the passenger does not intend to travel, the airline will provide a full refund.
- In case of cancellation of non-refundable flight tickets, only taxes and airline surcharges would be given as a refund and are subject to cancellation fees. You will be provided travel points for booking flights in the future.
How much does it cost to cancel a Lufthansa flight?
The Lufthansa cancellation fee will depend on various factors, including time of cancellation, fare type, and destination place. If the passengers are an option for cancellation after 24 hours of the risk-free window, then they are accountable for paying Lufthansa airline's cancellation fee of $200.
Does Lufthansa have a free cancellation policy?
Yes, you can cancel your reservation for free if you cancel a Lufthansa flight within 24 hours of the ticket purchasing ticket as per the airline 24 hours cancellation policy. You also need to keep in mind your departure date should be after one week or more to make a claim. You can also apply for a full refund if your flight is delayed by 3 hours. In this situation, the airline offers a reschedule a new flight or cancel your flight and get a refund.
Can I cancel a Lufthansa flight within 24 hours?
Yes, you can cancel your flight within 24 hours of the risk-free window, and Lufthansa cancellation charges will be waived, and you will be provided a full refund.