How can I cancel my Air India ticket?
Your travel plans can sometimes be uncertain, and Air India understands it. Air India is an Indian airline that operates flights to 102 domestic and international destinations. The airline provides excellent customer service to its passengers traveling with them. If you planned your travel with them but got to cancel it for some reason, you can easily cancel the Air India flight with their hassle-free cancellation policy.
Air India allows its passengers to cancel their flights with them. You can easily cancel your flight online by following the steps below.
- Open Air India’s official website on your web browser.
- Select the ‘Book & Manage’ option from the menu on the home page.
- Under the ‘Manage’ section, click on ‘Manage booking.’
- Enter your booking reference number and last name.
- Enter search, and your flight details will start showing.
- Then click ‘Cancel’, follow the steps on your screen, and confirm.
With the help of the steps mentioned above, Air India cancels flights online, or passengers can also talk to a representative from the airline to cancel their booking.
What is Air India's cancellation policy?
If a passenger is willing to cancel their reservation with Air India, they must read Air India’s cancellation policy thoroughly before proceeding with anything.
- Air India allows their passengers to cancel their flight for free only if the cancellation is made within 24 hours of booking.
- If a passenger decides to cancel their flight and wants a refund, cancellation must be made before 3 hours of flight departure. Otherwise, they will lose the e entire booking value.
- If, within India, the flight is delayed by 6 hours or more, you are eligible for a full refund.
- In case of medical emergencies or death, you can ask Air India to waive the cancellation fee by showing them proof.
- In case of cancellation because of the airline’s fault, you can opt for an alternative flight or request a refund.
- The refund usually takes 7 to 10 business days to reflect in the bank accounts.
Can I cancel my flight and get a refund from Air India?
Yes, Air India lets its passengers cancel their bookings and get a refund. If a passenger is willing to cancel an Air India flight ticket, he/she is eligible for a refund based on the timing of the decision to cancel. With the airline's 24-hour cancellation policy, if a passenger cancels their reservation within 24 hours of booking, they are eligible for a full refund. For the cancellation after the period of 24 hours and 3 hours before the departure, a refund will be initiated, but the cancellation fee will be deducted from the original value.
How much does Air India charge for cancellation?
If you are willing to cancel your flight with Air India after 2 hours of booking, you are still eligible for a refund, but an Air India cancellation fee will be charged. The costs to cancel your booking with Air India are between Rs 2500 to Rs 3500 accordingly.
Does Air India offer free cancellation?
Air India lets its passengers cancel a booking with them for free only when the cancellation is made within 24 hours of booking. According to the Air India cancellation policy, a fee will be charged for a cancellation made after 24 hours of booking.